As a volunteer, you’ll get to:
- Learn about Kichwa lore, customs, ancestral land and traditions first hand.
- Live, work and play in the beautiful northern Andes, in a region that is the center of indigenous culture in Ecuador.
- Practice your Spanish by being immersed in an Ecuadorian community.
- Assist the community with any projects they are currently working on, whether it is in the fields of education, development, indigenous culture or sustainable agriculture.
- Teach English, math or computer studies at the community elementary (primary) school.
- Participate in a community-work day, when you will construct a home, repair a roof or even harvest a community member’s field.
- Learn about sustainable farming while you assist in the community’s organic farming projects.
- Work on community irrigation projects or their drinking water project.
- Help to care for preschool children at the community daycare center.