As a volunteer, you’ll get to:
- Assist the school’s English teacher by correcting students’ English pronunciation and grammar.
- Do intensive English teaching with a highly motivated group of students who are taking the International Baccalaureate, and so need to be completely fluent in English.
- Play an important role in educating local disadvantaged children after school at the Centro Preventivo Ubaldo Bonucelli, where volunteers teach computer skills, baking, various arts and crafts and cooking, as well as helping with homework.
- Practice your Spanish by living and working in a typical South American city.
- Live in a city in the middle of the Amazon that is popular with tourists – so another English speaker will never be too far away.
- Spend time in nature during your spare time, with some of Ecuador’s best rafting and kayaking on your doorstep.