Volunteers on this project will get to:
- Actively play a role in the protection and conservation of endangered and at-risk African species, including the ‘Big 5’ animals through monitoring, observations and data collection that support the long-term research initiatives of nearby wildlife trusts and foundations.
- Assist in key research initiatives, such as lion, elephant, rhino and leopard ID kits, learning tracking skills and mapping animal movements that help create animal management plans for future preservation of the Big 5 animals in the area.
- You will also get very hands on in conservation activities on reserves in the area. This may include the removal of alien plant species, the creation of waterhole / wetlands, road clearing and litter collection which is vital to the healthy running of a game reserve.
- Share your own understanding of topical issues and gain new-found knowledge of the surrounding ecosystem, the important roles that different species play in that ecosystem and how to conserve it
- Spend your days in the bush on game drives or bush walks, learning more about Africa's Big 5 animals and ticking off your bucket list!
- Live in one of Africa’s top wildlife locations, surrounded by spectacular scenery and things to do in your free time!