Healthcare institutions in Zambia suffer from being under-staffed and under-resourced. Therefore World Volunteering works with various clinics to deliver the maximum benefit of healthcare and education.
- Participate in health promotion activities, such as health and nutrition education using approved syllabus guidelines.
- Conduct HIV Education within the communities of Livingstone where the disease affects vast portions of the population.
- Accompany caregivers to provide home based care to members of the community in need.
- Help alleviate the busy workload of staff by assisting with non-clinical duties in local clinics, and gain valuable healthcare experience by observing patient care being provided by local staff.
- Help provide support for the residents in the local old people’s home.
- Work on building and construction projects within the community.
- Work on community-based projects (art, mathematics or reading clubs in the local schools, working in the local old People’s Home, helping on community farms or teaching English to adults).
- Immerse yourself in local Zambian culture.
- Visit the majestic Victoria Falls, also known as “The Smoke that Thunders” and enjoy some of the amazing tourist activities that Livingstone has to offer.